Wednesday, November 15, 2006

BUDA BUDA BUDA PEST



Greetings my blog family


I am currently in the city of Budapest. It is a large crazy city. I was expecting it to be kind of dirty and more eastern european, but it is actually quite clean and modern. It was also a beautiful day here today. I didn't do much touristy things today, mostly walked around my neighbourhood. Tomorrow I am going to go check out parliament and the chain bridge and maybe castle hill. I will also try and find this labrynth Twyla told me about. Do you remember what it is near twyla?

Before Budapest I was in Vienna Austria. I really dug Vienna, it was a big city, but it wasn't noisy and it seemed really laid back. I checked out the famous cathedral there, it was impressive, but no Notre Dame. Apparently this cathedral has been continually under construction since the 1700's. As I was leaving I noticed that everyone was blessing themselves with the holywater. And as you all know I do as the locals do, so I blessed myself. It kind of burned afterwards, What does that mean?
After that I went to the Hofurg Palace which was impressive. I chilled by some cool statues of some Austrian dudes.

I am in Budapest until Friday, then I am off to Munich then Berlin, before I head back to Wales. I have changed up my plans so that I am going to two countries I hadn't planned on going after I come back from Wales. man I love travelling.

Eternally yours

The Neltoid

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
This is what my Lonely Planet has to say about the Labyrinth.
"Most of what remains of medieval Budapest is on Castle Hill (Varhegy), perched above the Danube. Beneath Buda's Castle Hill is an extensive system of caves, tunnels, and cellars, part of which has been imaginatively transformed into the Labyrinth, with eerie music and dramatic lighting. Admission is 900Ft and it's well worth it. The entrance is in the Castle District at Uri utca 9."
Well Chris, I hope you find it. I'm really happy your trip is going well. I just hope it doesn't go exceptionally well and you never come back to S'toon. That's maybe a little selfish, but true. Good luck in Budapest and beyond.
Twyla, David, and Elijah.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

We are so glad to hear you are enjoying your trip.
It has been fun following your blog and travels.

Dawn, Chris and Zoe