Thursday, November 23, 2006

BACK IN CARDIFF



Greetings everyone, I am back in Wales. I got in late last night.


I believe that last thing I blogged about was beerhalls in Munich, Right? anyways here is what has happened since.


I went back to the Hofbrauhaus in Munich on my last night there, this time I brought along a fellow Canadian dude and two American chicks. I had more beer and more beer. It was great.

Then I got myself up after about 4 hours sleep and caught an 8 hour train to Berlin. My first day in Berlin I walked around and saw the Brandenburg gate and the remaining part of the Berlin Wall. The next day I went to Sachsenhaus which was a Concentration Camp just outside of the city. When you have just read and seen things on TV and movies about the Holocaust you think about how awful it was, but when you are standing in the place where hundreds of thousands of people were murdered it puts it in a whole new reality. It was a very somber day.


The next day I had to catch a train to Amsterdam so I could I could catch my late night flight to Cardiff. During the train ride we stopped in this small town for a really long time. Everyone was wondering what was going on. Then over the speakers a dude said that there was an unattended backpack on the train platform, if it was somebody's please go claim it. Nobody claimed the backpack. So every passenger on the train had to get moved to the two ends of the train because they thought it might be a bomb. Luckily I was in one of the last cars already and I got to sit down an wait for this to all unfold. I was also by a window so I got to look out and see the bag in question, I also got to see the guys with machine guns and scary looking dogs on the platform. After an hour of waiting around, One of the guys who was in the car with me looks out and realizes it's his backpack. Biggest idiot of the day. So he went and claimed the bag. The rail officials were not to impressed with this guy, neither were any of the passengers. I then finally made it to Amsterdam. Because of the delay I did not have much time to walk around and do some souvenier shopping. So I went to the airport and hopped my plane to Cardiff.

I am here for a week. Nicole has some fun stuff planned for us, mostly involving alcohol. It should be glorious

later friends and family

chris neltoid

No comments: