Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Killed My Knees


Brugge has turned out to be a giant drinking-fest. My two dorm mates are these two aussies named Alex and Jason. All three of us have been travelling alone, and our first night here in Brugge we decided to go out and have a couple beers at the bar at the hostel. This is where we met Claire another Aussie and Maude who is French. The five of us decided to go to central Brugge where we found a little club, that wasn't to impressive. Apparently Monday nights arn't big drink nights, but we made the best of it, thanks to tequilla.

The next day the five of us went and had a Belgium waffles, which were delicious, we also walked around the city a lot, and then we decided to climb the 366 step Belfry here in Brugge. If you are ever in Brugge I recommend doing it, you get an incredible view. After that we went to the Choclate Museum. Did you know choclate prevents cavities? I didn't. We also saw a demonstation on how choclate is made and of course there was free choclate.

As we were walking back to the hostel my knees started to feel funny, jello legs. Luckily an hour long nap and a little stretching and I was all ready to go drink the night away. Which I did. We met some Kiwi's(New Zealanders) at the hostel and we took them to the club we went the night before. The bartender at the club bought us all shots, I guess we were considered regulars. We ended the night with some Belgium frittens (fries). Apparently they were invented here and you are never suppose to call them French Fries.

Next stop London and Bath.

later
cbn

No comments: