Sunday, March 11, 2007

Beer + Rugby + An English Guy = Madness

Hello party people

So last night we went to a New Zealand rugby game at Eden Park. We decided that it would be prudent to do some pre-drinking because we figured stadium booze would be ridiculously expensive. So we drank some rum and then we went down to the hostel bar where we were entitled to a free beer and we drank the beer and because our bus wasn't there yet we had more beer.

We then hopped on the bus and went to the stadium, at the stadium we hooked up with an English chap nmaed Michael who was staying in the same dorm as me. Upon entering the stadium we discovered that beer was relatively cheap so we bought a bunch. English Michael explained the rules of rugby to us and I think we picked it up pretty quick.

The Blues(the hometown team) were playing the Lions from South Africa. I of course passionately cheared for the Blues. So much so that I lost my voice for a while today. Rugby is a fun sport to see live, lots of violence. We also met three Maori dudes who were sitting infront of us. They were good guys.

By the start of the second half I would say I was pretty drunk, so I bought more beer and we all got even more drunk. There are some good pics that I will post when I get home. The game ended and the Blues trounced the Lions in an impressive victory.

We got back to the hostel where again we were entitled to a free beer. So we decided to drink some more beers. Then English Michael decided we needed to some Jager bombs. So we did Jager bombs.

By the end of the night I was hitting on two Norwegian girls ands stumbling a bit. Mike was high fiving everyone who walked pass and Deanna was chatting up a storm with random people at the bar.

It was a pretty good night. Needless to say we are all a bit slow today and we havn't really done anything except sleep, eat and do laundry

We are off to Wellington tomorrow.

Later
cb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally saw part of that game on The Score. I was coincidentatly also cheering for the Blues because it's my favorite colour. But nonetheless...nonetheless what? Sorry I forgot where I was going with that.