Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Vegimite Sandwich?

Greetings from Good Ol' Australia


I landed here in Sydney on Monday the 19th (Sunday the 18th for you people in Canada). So yes I am in the future and I could tell you what happens in the future, but the Australian government makes you promise not to before entering the country, Sorry.

Upon arriving at my hostel I immediately fell asleep. Even though my flight was only 11 hours from Honolulu it still took a lot out of me.

Sydney is an awesome city. I am here until Saturday(Canadian Friday) then I am flying up to the Gold Coast.

It was quite hard to leave the paradise of Hawaii, but I forced myself. Upon arriving at the Honolulu airport I was met by my awesome new friend and future yoga instructor Sandy and to my surprise Tina who had some flight issues. So the three of us spent around 6 hours hanging at the airport. We discovered a tasty little beverage known as a Macadamia Nut Mai Thai. Delicious! $8.00 a pop but totally worth it.

I think I am going to go check out Bondi Beach tomorrow. Andrea warned me about Bondi, I hope I come back the same man.

It is also ridiculously hot and humid here everyday. This makes it really hard to do a lot in a day , which I found out yesterday when I completely exhausted myself. I did however get to see the Opera House. My mom told me I should go see a performance at the Opera House no matter what, but my only option was a Marionette production and I couldn't justify spending $65 on creepy puppets.

Later peeps

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you made it.
David

Anonymous said...

That's what I kept trying to remember, I wanted to tell you to go to Bondi Beach. Jesus, why couldn't I remember that? Oh well, good luck with it all. Give all my Aussie friends kisses for me. Or maybe just moon them. They would understand. We all miss you heaps
Twyla