Thursday, February 22, 2007

BONDI

Yesterday I ventured to the infamous Bondi beach here in Sydney. For those who don't know Bondi is the large public beach here in town. I did a lot of relaxing, checking out all the pretty ladies, you know typical Nelson stuff.

Then it started to rain and get cold, so my spirit was weakened. There was a mad rush to the bus stops, so instead of waiting around for a bus like a chump I went and ate at the Noodle King where I had Pad Thai and it was delicious. By the time I was done my delicious noodle dish the lines at the bus stops were much shorter and I ventured over and hopped a bus back to Bondi Junction, then I took a train back to my hostel.

I am staying at the Blue Parrot hostel in the Potts Point area of Sydney. It is a cool little neighborhood with a lot of bars, cafes and restaurants. Tonight is my last night here, because tomorrow I am off to the Gold Coast, which is apparently touristy but beautiful.

I think my week in Hawaii has spoiled my traveling frame of mind. In Europe I did not mind being alone, but now I am feeling lonely. I miss having 10 friends around to go do stuff with. Anybody want to catch a quick 18 hour flight to Sydney? I just have to remind myself that I will be meeting up with Mike and Deanna in a couple of weeks.

Later

cbn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christopher!!!
I can't believe it. I'm going to have to lay off of the crack or something. I wasn't thinking Bondi Beach at all. I don't know why I thought that. I must have been swayed by your blogging. I have been thinking of Byron Bay on the Gold Coast, which isn't near Sydney at all. It's by Brisbane, and you probably already have plans on going there. Regardless, I hope your trip is going well. And guess what! Only 19 days 'til you are home. Hooray! Enjoy the rest of your time there.
T.